megan's blog

Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Here we come

Well we are well on our way. I have to be brief, but we are in Cody, WY. We will be heading to Yellowstone tomorrow and then to Spokane, WA. We started yesterday morning. The "plan" was to arrive at Mt Rushmore and camp out and then head out in the morning. What we didnt know is that we are idiots and that would not have made any sense because its farther than we (I) thought and so we decided we would stop sooner. Then God placed Peter Anderson in our lives and he happed to have a good friend in Sioux Falls, SD which is about 5 hours sooner and a much more convenient place to stop. So there we were at 9:00 at night at a complete strangers parents house. Sure we are planning on staying with other complete strangers but not unannounced, you know. So that was fun. Today we had more ground to cover than we "planned" because of the deter to Daves. Today I saw Mt Rushmore and was amazed. I loved it. We were all sort of Crappy today but not at each other....we were quiet/PMSing(not Marc)/needed to have a good poop/been traveling for 2 days straight. We were hot, tired, hungry, and quiet. I remember getting alittle better when we were going through the mountains that I didnt expect to drive through. Lindsey and I of course had a great talk about our futures and how the most ideal thing would be to just go, and then think about what we've done.
Hey Im sleepy. We have a lot of ground to cover in the words of Lindsey's aunt and Marc wants to check her mail.
I will be better at this blog later when we get Wireless in Seattle.
Megbow the adventurous

2 Comments:

Blogger Ryland said...

Sounds like the makings of a great and wild roadtrip! And its just begun! If you randomly happen to se a balck bear or any bear please take a picture of it for me!! SO far thats my only reqeust.... for now. cya lata playa hata!

12:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ryland wants a BLACK bear. that's funny. get me a pic of a polar bear.

1:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home