megan's blog

Thursday, July 27, 2006

Joy in the Journey

Yesterday was my favorite day so far. I drove first and we headed to Yellowstone. Cody to Yellowstone was once referred to by Teddy Roosevelt as the most beautiful 52 miles he had ever been through, and I agree. I was in complete awe of God and Wondered why more people do not live/visit and talk about this beautiful place. Im not sure, but I think when we die or are raptured, it is possible that God will just take us to Yellowstone. There was Construction for the first 6 miles and I didnt even care. I sat there as we listened to eastmountainsouth and Sigur Ross and just enjoyed the beauty around me. I have never felt more relaxed. usually when the three of us are going through beautiful mountains or something cool, we make comments or giggle(Yes, Marc giggles), or we just keep saying wow. Yesterday was different. Lindsey and I were in the front and Im pretty sure Marc was sleeping. We were sitting there in silence but it wasnt awkward, it was necessary. There were no words and anything we could say would ruin the moment. I have never experienced Beauty in this way before. It was so natural and rugged. Beauty isnt always soft. Mountains amaze me. From afar, they look so peaceful and gentle, but the truth is, they are hard and made of rock and dirt. Trees make the mountain look so delicate but when you get close they are prickly and rough. This has to symbolize something but I will leave it to the songwriter. For now just know that yesterday there was joy in the journey, We were not at our final destination and we still have about 5 more hours of driving today, but yesterday was beautiful.
PS, Ryland, we saw a black bear on the way out of Yellowstone. We never would have seen it if we had taken the right way out of the park, but I guess thats the consolation prize for the extra hours in the car.


"They will see us waving from such great heights
Come down now, They'll say
But everything looks perfect from far away,
Come down now, But we'll stay."

1 Comments:

Blogger Ryland said...

All I have to say is YEAAAAH!!! Stay strong and stay proud black bear!!

1:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home