megan's blog

Friday, July 28, 2006

Portland and Cake

Holy Cow.
Im in love....The only thing that could make this trip better would be Dreamrider (Thats the station wagon we were supposed to buy and drive out here.) We are currently in Portland Oregon where we are staying with one of Lindseys friends from martha's vineyard. She is really cool and I feel like I could dedicate an entire blog to her and how cool she is. It is so nice to have someone to show us around and take us to the best parts of the city. Today we went to a coffeeshop (of course) and a thrift store, an amazing Mexican resturant, and to a waterfall.
I dont really know what it is about this place taht I love so much, but I do. I think part of it is the atmosphere. Everyone is laid back and pretty friendly. Ive never really been out to this part of the country and I think that is a crime. I wish I was a writer so that I could explain all of this better. I want to describe the beauty mixed with the culture as well as the roadtrip dynamic.

I am glad that we chose to stay here for a few days. Alina will be showing us more tomorrow and Lindsey's other friend Marc will be coming up to visit as well. (This will be good for balldick/Marc Trembly) We have been so fortunate to have met all of these people along the way. These people are connected to us in some way (usually through Lindsey, but we have been so blessed with amazing people. We stayed with complete strangers the first night like I said before, then we stayed with Aunt Joyce (so cute), then Marc's parents, and now Alina and the people she lives with. I love that people are willing to open their homes and share their lives with us even if it is for only a short time.

Well theres the german chocolate cake...Gotta go (What you must know is that we really havent eaten a meal until today and this cake is...well icing on the cake....Needless to say, its not tuna and I am excited:)...)

2 Comments:

Blogger Ryland said...

Your in Portland!!! Awwwh I would love to go there! Ive been wanting to go there for the last couple of years!! I heard the pearl district area is really nice place to visit and get great stuff! There was a highly recommend coffee shop there but I can't think of the name... oh well. Continue to have fun!

5:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

the fact that you said "balldick" on your blog drove me to wild laughter. i always thought it was dickball. tell balldick i say hi. oh, and i'm crazy jealous. i like to think i would've been invited had i been in the states. pictures?

1:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home