megan's blog

Sunday, August 06, 2006

Finding myself?

The road trip is over....Can you imagine. When Lindsey and I got back to Bourbonnais for the night, I was so sad. The only thing left I had to look forward to was Moon Monkey and Tie dye. I mean sure these are two of my favorite things, but both would be better on the west coast if I have to be completely honest with you the reader. There are so many things that this trip symbolized or meant to me and when it was over, I was sad. But over the last couple of days, I have thought about it a little and I am excited for my next step. Tomorrow I am leaving for Kansas City. That will be my new home for awhile. I have no clue what to expect. I dont know what my job will be or who I will hang out with, but I do know that this is going to be a time to really figure out what I want. I have to find a balance between people pleasing and selfishness. I apologize in advance for anyone who might have to experience this search for balance, but its something I have to do. I need to freakin figure out who I am, what I like and what I want. I think I always thought it was selfish to make decisions. Maybe that is a little extreme, but I think I have always tried so hard to figure out who to be around certain people that I forgot to figure out who I like to be. I think i was also afraid to make a decision because then I run the risk of not being allowed to change my mind. If I like/tolerate everything, I will be viewed as easy going or easy to get along with. Maybe its ok to differ in opinion or interests. Maybe its ok if I think I like something and then decide I dont. I dont think I had to travel 5600 miles to figure this out and I dont think this means I found myself, but what I did discover is that if you are searching for something that means it already exists. Therefore, if I am going to find myself, its already there I just have to get comfortable in what already exists or pick out the parts that dont fit and adjust a little. I have a few more things to blog about pertaining to the roadtrip, but for now, know that it was the trip of a lifetime, but we just skimmed the surface...now we know whats out there and we can do whatever we want with it.

1 Comments:

Blogger Ryland said...

Well its good to hear that your trip was a great time for you! You gott share some of the stories once I get in to KC... which ws suppose to be today... but ended up now being tomorrow(tuesday)... I can somewhat understand you about trying to find yourself... I know that for me I'm trying to see where in this journey of life is taking me... so far it is going to grad school and living in KC... the rest is unknown... and for the most I'm fine with that. Whateever you do just be open honest with your feelings and direction of Christ. Well thats enough comment for now. lata!

-Ryland

1:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home