megan's blog

Sunday, November 12, 2006

homecoming

As I was driving to Indiana from Olivet last night, I started digesting my first homecoming. I will admit I did not know what to expect. I was definitly excited. I wanted to see so many people and be back "home." I would say that homecoming was a success. I hate small talk and surfacy conversations with people and my biggest homecoming fear was that I would get a lot of that and not much else.....i was way off. Somehow I saw everyone I could possibly see and I even had time to sit with each one and have good conversation. It was amazing. All of this made me think about my previous blog. I really do feel like this weekend was full of grace. I got a glimpse of the kingdom. I felt loved and accepted and everyone was excited to see everyone else. I loved that. Then as I was getting into my car, I got a voicemail from some coworkers and a customer from KCMO and I was reminded again how lucky I am to be where I am now. So again, why would I ever leave this place? Why would I choose to be away from people who love me and consider me family? because no matter where I go, God continues to allow me to be surrounded by loved ones. MAybe they dont start out as loved ones, but it doesnt always take long to build relationships that mean something and might even last a long time. This doesnt mean that I will be able to have that every place that I go, but I know that the potential exists and that even if they are not physically with me, they are somewhere loving me and the hope of a "homecoming" has to be enough to sustain me in those times.

2 Comments:

Blogger Ryland said...

Megan,

I'm so glad you had a great time at your first homecoming! It can be kinda weird at first but always good by the end of things. So did we win basketball?? Well we will chat lata!

8:58 PM  
Blogger Ryland said...

SO now more blogging for you??? just curious! lata homegirl!

7:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home