megan's blog

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Being good to our bodies

Why do I eat things I dont like very much? Sometimes you have to try something before you know if you will like it. And in that case, if you dont, throw it away right? But I constantly keep eating things that I dont like that much. For example, there was a store bought cake for a birthday today at work. By the way there are celebrations at least once a week at most places I have ever worked. For some reason, we convince ourselves that we are "treating" ourselves on these occasions, but if it is that often, it is actually part of your regular eating habits! So anyway, I got a large piece of this cake (also, just because the store precuts huge pieces, does not make that a "serving size.") and I took it to my desk and ate about half of it. It was ok, but probably not worth the sugar/fat in the end. I dont even feel like eating the cake helped celebrate margarita's birthday.
Now I am not dieting, or trying to loose weight, but that does not give me an excuse to eat whatever I want. So lets try to be better. Lets eat when we are hungry, stop when we are full. Lets remember that the things we put in our body actually help or hinder our bodies performance. We may not see the effects right away which makes it hard to remember, or we may not put 2 and 2 together when it does produce an immediate response, which makes us dumb, and makes it hard to remember....Its not rocket science people.

2 Comments:

Blogger the hancocks said...

I completely agree. I get frustrated with myself when I accept that (yucky) storebought cookie that's not worth it's fat. If I'm going to do harmful things to my body like eat food that's not really 'real' and has lots of fat, then I darn well better enjoy it, you know?
I feel bad for people who actually like the store-bought cookies and cakes (I mean, I like some of them too, but some people genuinely like most of them). That would be the hard part: will power. What you and I need is just the ability to say 'no.' (in general! =)

11:56 AM  
Blogger Diane said...

Deal... I am all for being good to my body. Fiber One, you're my friend, apple you're my dessert, carrot... I won't leave you ever again :)

4:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home